Low Budget Monitor recommendation

<p>I am looking for a good low budget monitor 22-24" size. With all the new technology changing so quickly I have lost track of whats a good choice nowadays. PLease, advise. I need to replace my Viewsonic P220F CRT which takes up a lot of space on my desk. Not looking for the best in the world type of monitors, just a good one for under $400 or even less for editing photographs from time to time for amateur use.<br>

Thank you in advance.</p>

<p>I just picked up the 23" HP w2338h which has a nice design, nice screen, HDMI, does 1920x1080 and I got it for $245. I plugged it into my MacBook Pro. First I tried the included VGA cable, but I noticed that at the top resolution the image was not centered, it was off to the right some. I was concerned... The I plugged a HDMI-DVI cable and it worked perfectly. Calibrated it with Pantone Huey which worked without a problem. Have only used it for less than 24 hours, but so far I'm happy...</p>

<p>I have a Samsung 215tw that I paid about $200 for. It's an 8-bit S-PVA panel (much better for photo editing than cheap screens with TN panels), 21 inch screen that I quite like, a major step-up from the laptop screen I was using. Once calibrated it matches my prints almost perfectly. It's been discountinued, but if are look around you sould be able to find one. Mine's a refurbished one I bought off of ebay, if you go this way be sure that you can return it in case there are problems.</p>

<p>if you can afford a dell 24inch ultrasharp i would strongly suggest it; a not to expensive monitor that even some pro i know work with.</p>

<p>I think that you wont really find a good monitor under 500$, so below 400$ or lower you migth dream abit..but if you are ready to make some quality sacrifice, i would suggest a samsung bw 225- or 226 or similar..22 inch for around 250$CAN..so its like 200$US.</p>

<p>Its not THE best monitor of course, but i have use it as a second good monitor for years, and on location. It basically look like a big laptop monitor with the viewing angle problem related to them..but since you dont edit your images moving your head right to left every minute all should be fine.</p>

<p>With the money save, buy a hardware calibration device such as a spider3 pro for around 150$US and get better result and a better color managed workflow.</p>

<p>Have you looked at the Viewsonic Pro Series. I have a 19" VP930b that I think was quite reasonable and have absolutely no arguments with. One thing I really like is the screen can rotate 90 degrees for portrait or landscape and the outer frame is very close to the simple black frames used for prints. Centering the image in PS and going to Full Screen mode with a white background instantly gives you the view of a framed, matted print.</p>

<p>I just bought two 22" Dell UltraSharp 2209WA LCD monitor / e-IPS panel on Dell's outlet store for $178 each. A week ago. (Adjustable stand/tilt/rotate/swivel). The ultimate goal is to get an S-IPS or H-IPS panel type, but you'll have to break the bank for ONE of those. S-PVA is good and read not much of a difference with choosing a PVA panel. I'm happy with my purchase, as my goal was to get an IPS panel type. To see what 3 types are in the brand you're looking for can be found here, <a href="http://www.flatpanelshd.com/panels.php">FlatpanelsHD</a> <br /> <br /> If I'm going to invest in something, I'm going to do it right the first time. That's my motto. I did a lot of research, as I didn't know there were different types of panels behind LCD monitors. Stay away from TN panels, which are mostly sold in your Retail Stores.<br /> <br /> I deal with graphics everyday and have a degree in Graphics Design. I do a lot of printing needs and went within choosing an IPS panel. Check my website out at <a href="http://www.jsbrownstudio.com">jsbrownstudio.com</a><br>

Good luck in your findings</p>