Love the average rating default

sunapeephoto

Brian,

This definitely works well. Shows the photos that considered best

rated instead of most rated. I think this will improve the site for

the average viewer (i.e. hobbyists, like myself, that want to learn

from and help others) I appreciate all your work to improve the site.

Yes, it has generated a better cross section of images, a pleasure to peruse the front page instead of the usual plethora of tits, bums and decreipt old Italian villages, (T & B are O.K. but in the right setting) Get off for that well deserved holiday Brian, Doug B is champing at the bit to implement his revisions while you are gone!

I agree, it's better. Thanks again Brian for all your recent efforts. Really has improved the site a lot, IMO. And by virtue of this recent change at least most of the cheesy nudes are gone from the top-rated images page! That's something!

I think this is a big improvement also. But let me throw this out - if a minimum of, say, 10 ratings to qualify were implemented, it would take out a few of those 7 photos with only 1 rater. On the other hand, maybe it's good for those to slip in there since their mettle would quickly be put to the test with an onslaught of additional raters. Now that I've articulated that, I guess I'd opt for leaving the system "as is" (otherwise most of my stuff will never see the light of day :-)

<p>"<i>... but when average images of them are manipulated into rating over 100 then somethings amiss.</i>"</p>

<p>Erin,</p>

<p>The value of a shot it is not the number of ratings, but its average in Aesthetics and Originality and from this point of view the ranking by Average on the TRP is a good stuff. </p>

<p>At the same time the consensus about Aesthetics and Originality of a photo is more credible as more as are the ratings the shot gets. From this point of view both the "Ratings only" and the "Average only" ranking methods are very very little credible to me in the short run.</p>