love of his life

leslie_cheung

tak-fu it is rather ironic that you post

'one more photo to shift the dominant paradigm of gear talk' only to quite all the technical details including the developer. You forgot to include the agaitation technique used, and the scanner. Oh we need your dev time and temp as well please.

james---

i listed the technicals (if you care...) only because i got flamed for

not listing them on my last photo critique along with my last photo.

so i have a photo plus some technical...hoping it would please all.

isn't it even more ironic that i get all kinds of comments but none

which are about the photo itself.

now...any constructive comments ON THE PHOTO would be nice. yall

don't be shy, i'm been here long enough to take all kinds of criticism

now.

Billy,<P>

Sweet image. Sure this isn't his daughter? If you look carefully, his face and the face on the canvas look very similar (except he has a few more wrinkles and shorter hair). I wonder if he inadvertantly sketched a kind of self-portrait? <P>

I like the way the lines to the right keep leading the wandering eye back to the canvas and the man. I might like it more if the lines of the canvas pointed to the man, as well. Did you try this from other angles?

Strike that part about liking it more maybe if the lines of the canvas pointed to the man: the way it is right now is best, I think; the lines of the man point to the canvas, and a tension is set up between his face - three-dimensional - and hers on a flat surface. It's a disturbing effect that is almost surreal seeming.

All right - now that I've given you crap. Honsetly to the 'technical details crowd' just say - the technical details don't matter, only the image - talk about the image and then we can talk about the details later etc... Finally simple refer them here.

<BR><BR>

<A HREF="http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/7.htm">Ken Rockwell</A>

<BR><BR>

Onto the image.

<BR><BR>

I find it hard to look at - not because I don't like it, I'm not sure why, his face seems hard and sad, so does the girl. I agree she looks like him as well. I find my self looking for a second, and then looking away, only to be drawn back again. I wouldn't put this picture on my wall, it would make me feel uncomfortable.