Love at first sight...#1

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by luigi v, Jan 26, 2006.

1. M7 with 1.4/75 Lux...

2. There does not appear to be an image....though that is certainly a nice camera/lens combo.

3. Oops...Cannot shrink the size of my pic...78.7MB TIF...!
    I'll try again later...

4. Well, Meraviglia/Love at first sight #1...
    Again, M7 + 1.4/75 Lux, indeed a very nice combo...

5. Many Oopses again...I am really not good at playing around with a computer...Shall I give up?

6. Help...How can I reduce the image size?
    I am getting a huge 4583 X 3002...

7. Last try...

8. Very last one...

9. The beauty of life...never ending learning process.

10. Luigi, don't despair: it took me an embarassing long time to get it right -- and I still screw up from time to time.

11. so you took a blurry picture...

i don't feel the love from your camera system... maybe you like the motorcyle allot?

12. Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny. Participate in and enjoy the Leica camera's development and evolution. Start with an Uf-Leica, then start acquiring more modern ones.

13. Try Irfanview for playing around with images.
    00F1l7-27792584.jpg

14. Oh. And ignore the critics.

15. Don't be discouraged by critics, but listen to what they have to say. Quite often, they have a more-accurate perspective about your images than you do.

16. I don't get it either. It just looks like a blurry picture to me.

17. EricM

EricM Planet Eric

front disks are in focus, c'mon guys!

wish we got those bikes here in canuk land

18. Mike, you are fully right and critics are more important than compliments...
    By the way, this really was my first pic taken with my first Leica...and whatever anybody else
    can think of I do actually like the blurred effect a lot...!
    I was actually thinking to sell it to Aprilia for them to use in their new brochure about the
    very first 650cc scooter in the world.........

19. And then again, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", is it not?
    PS Eric~, where is Canuk Land, could I try and export there some 650cc scooters...?

20. EricM

EricM Planet Eric

Oh come on Luigi!

http://www.coolcanuckaward.ca/joe_canadian.htm

21. Nice one Eric ~....

22. "wish we got those bikes here in canuk land"
    Eric, many years ago I snuck out a Suzuki RG 500 from your fine counrty. There aren't many women faster than that bike and none that are nicer to listen to...
    00F237-27800384.jpg

23. EricM

EricM Planet Eric

SP, that'86? Nice one, do you still have it? We did get some bikes that the States don't like the RZ500 I remember was sought after down there.

24. Luigi-- I remember the Spanish Pegaso sports car (1953) which was superior to the contemporaneous Ferrari and Maserati. Is the Pegaso
    cycle made by the same company?

25. I'm very impressed Eric, yes it was an '86. Sadly I no longer have the bike. In a hasty fit I promised I'd sell it to help finish our kitchen (and keep my wife sane). I expected no one would be interested - I got 40 emails over the first week. I fianlly sold it to a guy who drove 600 miles to pick it up.

The only consolation I have is that I got more than I paid for it and I kept $2500 and bought my Leica. I miss the bike but dearly but the camera was the little spark I needed to rekindle my passion for photography. At least that's my rationalization.

26. EricM

EricM Planet Eric

SP, those bikes were coming out as I was coming of age for street bikes. Used to drool over those as I put up with old kz's. I had two friends with the rz 500...yep, make your checks deform to your ears those did. You on high speed connection SP?

27. Jerry, the Pegaso bike in the pic is made by an italian company, Aprilia moto.
    It's a nice scooter, very good in the terrible italian choco block traffic...
    And it is very nice ...

28. Yeah, first for me was a RD 400 Daytona Special, then the RZ 350, then finally the RG500. I was a two-stroke man all the way.

Yup I'm on a cable connection that is quite zippy. Got some pic's?

29. EricM

EricM Planet Eric

300bhp, 486 kg's, but 4 wheels. want one of these next SP. Luigi, you'll get a kick out if too if you haven't seen it.

http://www.openwheelers.com.au/videos/Top_Gear_Ariel_Atom_2_Full_segment.mpg

I grew up on 2 strk two, CR's for motocross and such. I had an RD350 as well, love the roll on, love the feel of 12,000 rpm...

30. Thanks Eric, I'm giddy...anyone who has a passing interest in fast cars should click on the link.