Loose manfrotto tripod leg

thomas_lozinski

<p>As above - the leg pivots are clamped by a two piece hub that is held together by a hex head screw above each pivoting leg. You should be able to tighten the two halves of the hub, and get the legs nice and stiff. If you can't get the legs tight this way, you may have to disassemble the hub to see if one of the leg pivots has lost a bushing or suffered some damage, but that's rare.</p>

<p>If the lock itself is causing a problem after the leg is tight, this is something else. Different ages of the same numbered tripods have slightly different locking parts, so more detail is needed. </p>

<p>I finally got the center collar out. There is a holding mechanism that the lock screw goes into. You need to push that in from underneath with a small screwdriver (between the collar and the outer collar) Tightening the hex screws as suggested worked and now the tripod feels like new. Thanks for the tips, saved me from shelling out for a new tripod. It was functional but the thought of many $ worth of camera gear falling over because I thought the leg was out when it wasn't wasn't a risk I wanted to take. </p>