but after a careful inspection the sensor is clean. So want to know if it could

be lens that may be defective? or maybe just me. can any one help me to know if

it just me or its the lens

thanks

Herman Jr.

This is the photo sample sorry but its at 100% not manipulated for those who

have dial up

http://www.jvillatoro.com/test/fogorme.jpg

I just bought a used 18-135 and find the pictures to be ultra sharp and give color and contrast similar to my pro lenses. I love it!

You lens has a 5 year warranty. If you feel it is not performing correctly, send it in to Nikon and they will fix it for you.

I think you are just picking up a lot of flare from the overcast but bright sky. Notice the green trees and structures in the very bottom are fine as they are away from the bright sky. A lens shade may have helped if you did not use one.

I am suprised Nikons 105 would do this to you.<div>00Lr2Z-37440984.jpg.691e8f8a78baba34b8ada665690fa4fb.jpg</div>

Too much EV difference across the scene for the sensor to handle (or film, for that matter). At least five stops that I can see. I would wait until later in the day, when the lighting is more even, or perhaps use the strongest ND grad filter you have if it needed to happen at that moment. Good luck.

well i was using the lense hood. I took off the UV filter and i bracketed on step up and one down and all of them look this way.

And it was ISO 100, white balance to Suny day. So i see no reason

why this is happening. and not only this set but images that are taken

with the zoom above 70mm seem to be like this.

Ronald could be haze could be stray light hard to tell.

Do some test shooting on a very clear day not on infinity but close to it (say few hundred feet) to avoid haze. F 5.6 is close to or is wide open - a cheap zoom will be better at f8 or f11? The dynamic range of the sensor has nothing to do with this^^. A good UV filter can cut down on the haze. (UV light is more scattered on small water and dust particles than longer wavelength light.)

Use of a lens hood is good practice but may not be sufficient. Use a hand or hat or a real compendium for better protection.

Cheers

Walter

I'd definately say it's atmospheric haze, since the foreground contrast is fine. I found this a major problem in the SW USA in May & June 2005 - early mornings were usually better, but this depended on the prevailing weather. A polarizer can help, as well as a UV/Haze filter. AC

also guy i noticed that in some close ups the back ground is blured out but it looks whitish even at night. Could it be that there is condensation inside the lens. And how i could get a hold of nikon the let them know about this so they can check it out. Thanks for your help guys

Herman just take the lens off and look through it. You set the aperture wide open and push the lever at the mount to open the iris. Use a flash light and compare with other lenses. With a pointed strong light you see more than you really want to see^^. So its worth it to compare to a lens you know is OK.

The entire image is overlaid by atmospheric haze. A lens hood will not help in this situation, but a UV filter (or polarizer) might improve the rendition to some extent. Also, in post processing reduce the blue channel slighly and increase the contrast to get rid of the flatness of the image.

This is a normal issue when you shoot landscapes during mid day and has nothing to do with the lens itself. Using the lens at the longer focal range will make things worse, as you already have noticed.