Hello All,

I am just starting out in large format photography and I don't have any empty boxes yet.

Looks like these things are hard to find and a lot of people have found help from other members on this site.

I live in Quincy MA. I dont think there are any large format film development labs around.

Can anyone please help me with a few boxes that they can spare or point me in the right direction.

Any information would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vijay

Why would you want empty boxes?

The film comes packed in a double box, and wrapped in black plastic.

You keep it in the supplied box until it's loaded into double-darkslides, and then transfer it straight from the filmholder into the processing tank, or into a thick black plastic bag for transfer to a processing house. The bag is light-tight and fairly dust-proof, the cardboard boxes not so much.

Household aluminium foil wrapped around the plastic bag makes doubly sure the whole thing is lightproof.

The main use for the empty cardboard boxes is to keep processed negatives in, after they've been put in glassine envelopes.

If you have a processing house lined up, then I'm sure they'll have suitable bags or transport containers for sale or loan. Otherwise you might just have to roll up to their door with a stack of DDs in your hand!

Edited by rodeo_joe|1