Looking for info: Italian Photographer Bambocci

luciano_teghillo

Hi,

Over the last year I have been conducting a research on an Italian photographer,

Enrico Bambocci, who emigrated in the United States in the early 1900. I know

that he opened a studio in Redwood City, CA but so far I have not been able to

find any of his photos from that period. I contacted museum and other

organization in the area but without luck. If you have come across this name and

some of his photographs, could you let me know? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Luciano

Hi John,

Thanks for the advise but I am sure (as far as possible) that it is Redwood City because I found the obituary on the San Mateo Times dated February 23, 1932 and the headline states "Photographer of Redwood City dies". That's why I have been concentrating on this particular city. I have also being trying to find any heir, but to no avail.

If someone else has any information, please let me know.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
<p>On 22 Jan 2009, I purchased a 1914 portrait of a Portuguese couple taken by Enrico Bambocci, who operated a photography studio located at 27 North Market St., San Jose, CA. I posted a message on the Medeiros Family Genealogy Forum describing this photo. Enrico stamped the back of the photo "E. Bambocci," and noted below that, in Italian, that he had been awarded 21 gold medals. Enrico was born 31 Mar 1857 in Italy. I found him and his second wife, Carla, listed in the 1910 Census data for San Jose, Santa Clara Co., CA (they resided at 271 San Augustine St.) , and the 1930 Census data for Redwood City, San Mateo Co., CA (they resided at 113 Middlefield Rd.). Enrico emigrated in 1906. According to a great-grandson who recently contacted me, Enrico died in Redwood City on 2 Feb 1932.</p>

<p>Hi Paul,<br>

This is great news. Would it be possible to receive Bambocci's great-grandson e-mail address or telephone number? My father in-law (and his father before that) had been trying to document the American life of Bambocci and it would be great if there were any document's such as the death certificate that we could include in the biography. If possible, you can contact me direct at luciano[at]luminari[dot]com.<br>

Many thanks and Best Regards,<br>

Luciano</p>

• 1 year later...

<p>I hope your links are still valid.<br>

Thank you Paul for your research on Enrico Bambocci it answer my question on the photographer.<br>

I have a family picture take by him and we do not know who the person is. It looks like it may have been taken for a first communion. I was trying to guess the date by the clothes but I now know the photographer died so it was before 1932.<br>

I do not have the photo posted online but can email it to you Luciano</p><div>[ATTACH=full]957853[/ATTACH]</div>

Hi Patricia,

What a pleasant surprise. Just when I given up on the hope of finding any other information.<br />

I can't tell you also how happy was my father-in-law.

If you do happen to find any other of his photos, would you be so kind to let me know, as my father-in-law would be interested in purchasing them?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Luciano<br />

• 9 years later...

Hello!

I know I am 10 years late on that thread but you never know... I have a picture (postal card) by E. Bambocci of my ancestor. We are French and the picture is currently in France but I have a scan... We even did a redo of the picture with the two grand daughters of the two men who are in the picture!