Looking for honest retailer that has a 80-200 AFS lens

at

Has anyone in their travels across the net found a reputable dealer

that still has a brand new USA Nikon 80-200 AFS lens?

Most of my searches have come up nil....Hellocamaera.com has one but

its feedback on photo.net isnt that good. I dont need the

aggravation of a 30-50% restocking fee.

Any see one out there????

I know what your thinking why not get the 70-200 afs vr g lens....

still thinking about it.

Why are you concerned with a restocking fee if you really want the lens? This is a professional quality unit and there don't seem to be any lemons among the recent production of them. Just buy one from an Ebayer with good feedback. You will be amazed at the image quality this lens is capable of delivering.

well....um on my second used sample and I just dont like it. I want a new 80-200 or possibly the 70-200. The 70-200 vr is just pushing

my financial resources...and I like using a tripod. VR is not a feature Im looking for right. Hense the request for a new USA 80-200

Keep me posted if you see one. Thanks again

Without meaning to be impolite, it seems like haven't used this class of lens very much. You don't need VR, use a tripod, but insist on having the AF-S lens. Why? If you're shooting from a tripod, the ring motor isn't going to help you out. Nikon has never made an optically substandard zoom in this range and mechanical differences notwithstanding, you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference between images taken with even the first one-touch zoom and the newest AF-S version. If you're serious about getting an 80-200 and are on a budget, new and used two-touch zooms with the screwdriver AF are abundant and their focussing is by no means slow, particularly on the current AF bodies. Again, without meaning to sound impolite, it's difficult to see why you can't find something out there which meets your needs.

Thanks Erik, I appreciate your input. I currently own a 2nd gen push/pull 80-200 and it is super sharp. I also purchased a 80-200 afs last week that I paid too much for. My logic was to return this lens and try to find a new/usa model. I still see some retailers advertise

them in the back of shutterbug. I guess it just bugs me that for a little more money I could have possibly had a new one vs. my used one.

Of cousre having the 5 year warranty is a big plus. The 70-200 is just out of my reach. I know it isnt too much more than the afs model but it still is $300 more and I am already stressing my wallet. I may just keep my mint used sample and write it off as a learning experience. Never too old to learn I quess. As for the 70-200 VR my fear is bumping the lens and hurting the gyros (or what ever they use to detect motion). I'd like to see this lens get some more field time before I buy in. Thanks again though