Looking for help with Bronica S2A mirror and service manual

lafon

<p>Hello friends,<br>

I have a Bronica S2A that I enjoy very much, but that clearly needs some focus issues addressed. I have already re-foamed the focus screen, and once again have the focus screen sitting square on the shims where it belongs. Wide open focus improved, but is still slightly out of focus, and I now suspect the mirror mounting.<br>

With the lens removed, I can see that the mirror is indeed slightly loose in the black metal frame. Touching gently with a wooden tool, I can rock the mirror slightly inside of its mounting frame by pressing alternate corners of the mirror; and the mirror stays in the rocked position without returning to a position flat against the metal mounting frame.<br>

I have read through many, many posts about the S2A, and ran across a few mentions of mirror foam that was used to help mount or position the mirror on these cameras. If anyone has experience with where this foam is located (under front of frame that holds mirror, or under mirror?), and how to remove the mirror for foam replacement, I would be grateful. I see four screws on the face of the mirror frame, but I am not going to remove them before I check for advice.<br>

Also, I would like to locate an affordable or free copy of the service manual for this camera, and I am hoping that one of you can help me.<br>

Thank you in advance,<br>

Daniel</p>