The reflection is interesting, it looks like the buildings are emerging straight out of water, which creates some level of unreal that draws attention. I also like the colors and the contrast (although the bluishness suppresses the reds in the buildings, which may be improved with some color correction), and the bold lines. The bent perspective and some lens distortion is there, and it might be worth seeing how the scene looks after correcting them. However, beyond these, I fumble a bit due to lack of a story or some cue to further my imagination. If there was a prominent entity in the foreground, I might have gotten something more to proceed with, but without that, it somehow ends for me there.

The scene might be portrayed to focus on the eerie loneliness, and the unusual perspective of looking from the feet level and the unexpected sight of being surrounded by water everywhere in an urban neighborhood, but the perspective correction may aid in that (which is a bit of a distraction for now). Also, I think the hint of solid ground on the bottom right corner doesn't help the narrative of infinite water in contrast to urban buildings in the background.

• Like 3

The reflection is interesting, it looks like the buildings are emerging straight out of water, which creates some level of unreal that draws attention. I also like the colors and the contrast (although the bluishness suppresses the reds in the buildings, which may be improved with some color correction), and the bold lines. The bent perspective and some lens distortion is there, and it might be worth seeing how the scene looks after correcting them. However, beyond these, I fumble a bit due to lack of a story or some cue to further my imagination. If there was a prominent entity in the foreground, I might have gotten something more to proceed with, but without that, it somehow ends for me there.

The scene might be portrayed to focus on the eerie loneliness, and the unusual perspective of looking from the feet level and the unexpected sight of being surrounded by water everywhere in an urban neighborhood, but the perspective correction may aid in that (which is a bit of a distraction for now). Also, I think the hint of solid ground on the bottom right corner doesn't help the narrative of infinite water in contrast to urban buildings in the background.

Thank you for taking the time to write some feedback, I really appreciate it.

I think Supriyo made a nice assessment of the photo. My only disagreement is on the right foreground, which is my favorite part. That distortion, for me, adds to the sense of unreal Supriyo has found in the overall image. It's sort of like a threatening ooze on the otherwise calm of the scene. I actually like how it breaks the infinity of the water, considering it's an urban and not a nature landscape scene. I appreciate being jarred like that here. What the scene offers me as a viewer is the contrast of the lived and more organized buildings on the right to the warehouse and more commercial feel on the left. I think the big metallic doorways on the left have the potential to add a lot of texture and interest to the scene if handled with that in mind, especially as they contrast, one vertical and one horizontal. I think the car or truck at center stage has the potential to be brought out more and become an intriguing part of the scene, perhaps suggesting a bit of a storyline, something Supriyo was looking for and that I agree with him about. I'm not sure whether I'm making out heads of passengers or headrests, but there's enough potential detail there to give that vehicle more presence and a role in the picture.

"You talkin' to me?"

I would crop it 2:1, with the waterline right through the middle of the image, dividing reflection and reality equally. I'd take in just over two-stories of the buildings, in reflection and direct and just a bit of the ooze that Sam likes. As is, I'm directionless and lost in the image, as if someone just got a new lens and the is the first thing they saw, so they snapped it.

I'm mostly with Supriyo on this one. I like the distortion in the water's surface around the stuff in the LL, but the very OOF nature of that stuff is also distracting. I wish the image were sized so I could see the whole thing at once (which it may be elsewhere, but I haven't looked yet). The dispersing contrail in the upper-most portion of the sky is a bit distracting, so cloning it out, or cropping the top off, might make this a stronger, more directed statement.

Here's a really quick and dirty alternative.

1071997317_AlternatePP-alley.jpg.cf47ae4b6c1a8dcf718575eb8b604bf8.jpg

The colors aren't right for some reason, and there's some hallowing on the right side bldg.

• Like 1