Looking for another lab,,,

gregory_c

<p>Burrell Colour Imaging out of Indiana has been great to us. The color prrofile they send is spot on, and the customer service is excellent- they treat you like family. A great group of people with a pretty easy system for ordering for ftp (or mail in). Definately give them a call.</p>

<p><em>were the yellow images color corrected? I got test prints from them and they were the best I have seen so far.</em><br>

yes, more indoor photos than outdoor ones. I could send them back, they would come back better, made notes concerning this on every order. I just got tired of fighting with them concerning this. I would correct them on my computer, look great, send them, come back yellow. I would let the lab color correct also, sometimes there were too many to color correct them all. Before you jump me, this is a PRO LAB not the drug store, they should color correct better. I will see how Bay Color looks,,,</p>

<p>Professional labs should not have a "trend" when it comes to color. There use to be color variation with negative film because the color you received in your prints was dependant on a judgment call of and skill of the printer technician. If you have the lab adjust your digital files that may still be the case. If you manage your own color so that you don't have unwanted color casts and your RGB numbers are where they should be for your subject that image should print so close from any pro lab that the only difference you could detect is if you layed all your test prints of the same image from different labs side by side. If you looked at them one at a time you would not be able to tell which is which---they should be that close. Miller's Lab is great. I have not had a single remake for color from any pro lab since all they do is print it without any adjustment. Non-pro labs can sometimes screw up their equipment calibration and then all bets are off---use pro labs.</p>