Looking for a way to protect and ship 13x19 prints

mike grossman

I've recently started printing on 13x19 papers and I'd like to ship

them via US Mail to clients. I'm looking for a way to protect these

prints during shipment without having to roll them up. Ideally, I'd

like to find a plastic page to place the print in, and then a

cardboard enclosure in which to mail the print. I've looked at Light

Impressions but couldn't find these things. Does anyone have

suggestions about where I might be able to find these sorts of items?

Thanks...

- Mike in Chicago

You might check with the post office (online first to save a trip)and see if they have a large mailer with favorable shipping rates. I did that for some stuff a while ago and was surprised at the extent of their current offerings. Same with other delivery services if you use them with your clients.

Envelopes are easy. "Print File" brand polyethylene bags are availiable in 13x19 from a number of sources. If memory serves, they're about $25 for the hundred pack over at B&H.

Cardboard mailers are a bit harder.

But that's typically not how I ship. If you want a good guide, here's an excellent starting point.

http://luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/shipping.shtml

• 7 years later...
<p>I may be a bit late on this but I too ship 13x19 size prints and not wanting to spend a small fortune for rigid photo mailers for them I put on my thinking cap. I called the post office and asked if I had to open the Priority mail box for shipping the 13x19 prints and they said no as long as it is taped shut and there wouldn't be any additional charges, just what you would pay if it were open up the usual way.<br /> The box size is NOT the flat rate ones as the post office said you can't ship those flattened, but the ones you can are these:<br /> regular priority mail boxes 3"x13"x17" (postal size has it as 15 1/4" X 12 7/16" X 3") The box is box 0-1095 or just 1095.<br /> These you can get FREE through ordering them online at:<br /> https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navCount=0&productId=P_O_1095&categoryId=subcatMSS_PriorityMail<br /> For extra support just cut up another Priority mail box so it's a bit smaller to use as support, add do not bend to the outside/photos enclosed. Good to go!<br /> <br />Also Priority mail will get there quicker than first class shipping. And without the expense of having to buy other rigid mailers.<br /> I only pay 5.95 for Priority mail shipping for these.</p>