Looking for a Run Down or Old Place for Photoshoot in Baltimore

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by ps76, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Can anyone tell me the best way to find a run down house, barn, factory to do a photo shoot in?
    I live in the Baltimore area - so the first best question - does anybody know of any place like I list above?
    I have 2 clients that are looking for a run down house, barn, factory place to do a photo shoot. Any suggestions?
    Thanks for any help you can offer. Have a great week!

2. Don't know of any safe place to do this indoors without permission, but there are a lot of outdoor abandones stuff here. I guess it depends on what you need. Try Flickr group "Abandoned Baltimore" - they might know of some - pics there would certainly point that way.
    Best regards,
    Dmitry

3. Don't know if you can get permission, but Fort McHenry has some great structures on the grounds that might work for the kind of shoot you want to do. Woodberry may be a neighborhood worth checking into. I believe there are - or, at least, were - some abandoned textile warehouses storing old stockpiles of clothing from companies like Botany 500 and London Fog. I second the recommendation for checking the Abandoned Baltimore group on flickr.
    Good luck with the shoot! Take care!
    Michael J Hoffman