Looking for a good digital lab

<p>Misposted this earlier in beginners' forum:<br>

I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for some great online finishers that produce outstanding prints. I am a digital/analog hobbyist, and am increasingly interested in having some prints made. Sure, I'd love to print at home, but I just can't afford an archival inkjet printer right now. Where can I turn for excellent prints of my edited images? Unfortunately, I don't live anywhere near a decent shop, so I must go online. Any and all suggestions/tips/tricks welcome.</p>

<p>Hi Ryan, it is an understandable situation. My first question would be how many prints and what size do you expect to have printed in the next year? The prices at the recommended pictopia seemed relatively reasonable the one from west coast imaging seemed on the average to high side. If you split the difference and say you want to print 30, 11x17 prints over the next year at $30 a pop you have just more or less paid for a epson 3800(there is a $300 rebate on them although not for long). I do not like telling people to spend money but I also hate to see it wasted. If you are only going to have a few prints done than I am sure there will be many other suggestions of great places to have that done. I realize that is not the answer you were looking for but just food for thought in case you hadn't looked at it that way yet. Happy printing which ever way you choose.</p>