Looking for a film similar to Kodak Gold 200 in 120 format

I've always liked Kodak Gold 200. It's not as punchy and saturated as some other films (like Ektar 100) but to me it

has a really nice "warm" look to it. And I especially like the way it captures people and earthtones in landscape

photos...sand, summer grass and brush, rocks and cliffs, etc. It's also the most forgiving color film I've ever used. If

you're anywhere near the right exposure, you'll get decent pictures. If I wanted to, I can go out with my Argus C3

with Kodak Gold 200 film and no light meter and get great pictures, just using the Sunny 16 Rule.

Now I'm looking for a film that is similar to Kodak Gold, but in 120 rolls. I want to shoot it with one of my TLR's or

folding cameras. As far as I know, Kodak Gold 200 isn't made in 120 rolls since I guess it's just a "consumer" film.

So what would you guys suggest? What would be the closest to it? Maybe Portra? I'm looking for a film that has

kind of a "warm" look to it and is very forgiving with exposure.

Thanks!

<p>I haven't shot gold in about 15 years, but it sounds like Portra 160NC might fit the bill. It won't be as grainy, but you will get over it... :)</p>

<p>Potra has a lot of latitude, so keep shooting as though it was 200. You should be right at home.</p>

<p>I'd say try both Portra 160NC and 160VC. I suspect the saturation level of 160VC is closer to what you're used to on Gold 200. 160NC is very natural in terms of saturation, but the contrast is quite low, things can look a little flat. On the other hand, the low contrast of 160NC gives it superb latitude.</p>

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try both Portra VC and NC, and maybe the Fuji film.

Dave, I love Ektar and I have used it in both 35mm and 120 size. To me, it does have a really poppy, saturated look to it (especially red and blue) which normally I love. Ektar is one of my favorite color films too. But I like Gold 200 because it has a warmer look to it and it's more forgiving with exposure.

<p>I must say 35mm 200 did have a warm look to it but I always figured that was because it was shot in mixed lighting by me at times. I think you will like the Porta 160NC and if you want it warmer just use a slight warming filter ...... but with negative film that is almost a moot point as Color Negative film is pretty subjective as with Positive film you see the truth right there on the light table. Yes the slides can be scanned to adjust but it is just not the same as I understand what you want.</p>