Look at what I picked up on vacation

cameragary

My wife and I were on a drive thru some small Virginia towns when she saw a sign for an ASPCA pet auction.turned out to be their thrift store selling things with proceeds going back to the care of the animals.in a metal drawer cabinet was this Minolta x-370 and all you see.so I had to check it out.it was stored since 2011 I believe in a closet without the batteries in it.it looks like new.although she had no batteries to check the camera just the condition told me it was ok.so I figured the price was going to be about a 100.00 dollars but she told me 40.00 takes everything.SOLD!!!!!

All told there is 36 rolls of film all dated from 2007-2009.the one camera cad along is about 40 bucks.so I'll include a couple of pics .ran a roll of fresh Fuji 400 in it yesterday to see how she does.i will let you know as I post some pics20201006_110143.thumb.jpg.94ba5b6813a7c1cb0aff3c820660fdd7.jpg 20201006_110210.thumb.jpg.5d67165549d385f5bf627bcbf4abb247.jpg

• Like 4

i have to ask what you think. 36 rolls of film of which 30 are either kodak or fuji 200,400,800 iso's. all dated 2007 and a few 2009.the packages still have celophane wrapped around them and she told me they were in a closet.there is even 4 rolls of bulk black and white loaded which 2 are rolled into their cassettes and 2 with leaders still out.no labeling on cassettes.question to ask is should i shoot them at box speed or adjust for the 15 years out of date,.and the black and white ,i was thinking just set iso 400 and have at it as i can home develop it to see. the color i would have to send out to be processed.

any thoughts on what you would do.

thanks - gary

With that much film you can use one to test exposures - colour negative film usually has a good latitude so a few shots with bracketing should give you an indication. I recently exposed six-year out-of-date film at the rated ISO and got fine results; you might end up having to do an extra stop or two to get good results. The classic manual film cameras forum might have more advice.
  • Like 1