Lomo fisheye?

Andre

I have one of these & it's great fun to use. I have some very nice closeups of my fingers in good focus & the rest of the photographs are quite sharp also. It also has a built in flash but it only covers the middle of frame. I would recommend it highly as a good fun camera all round.

Edwin

P.S. It has the grand total of one shutter speed!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I received a lomo fisheye camera earlier this year as a late birthday present and have already put a couple rolls through the camera. Overall, not overly impressed with the results. For one thing, every photo contains quite a lot of the lens in the picture. You need to stand pretty close to your subject to ensure proper distortion. Most of my pictures were failed attempts because I was standing too far away in which case the camera simply framed the object but didn't distort it. I've only attempted to use the flash a couple times, but it didn't do very well at properly lighting the room, but then I guess I shouldn't expect it to. I think the fisheye is more suited to taking outside pictures.

So far, I have found the best subjects to be cars (both from the front and sides), forests and skyscrapers (and perhaps other buildings taken up close).

I can't see myself using this camera nearly as much as my Lomo Pop 9 which has probably had nearly that many (9) rolls through it in the last few years I've owned it.