logo designs for wedding photography site

missy_kay

<p>Hi Missy,<br>

your best bet for the least mount of cash outlay would be design outpost. There are many very good examples of photography logos from other clients that have used the site. Search the logo section and you can see how it works. basically you offer the forum designer a set fee to design your logo. After filling out the questionnaire and paying your fee the fun begins. I speak from experience.....I used them ;)<br>

http://www.designoutpost.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9</p>

<p>MK,</p>

<p>What you are really wanting to do at this point is to define your brand - a process for which creating a logo is just a part of. Who is "Missy Kay Photography" (or whatever name you will use), who is your target audience, what is your style, etc. There are a lot of such questions that, when answered, will become part of your brand and THAT is what you market.</p>

<p>There are a lot of designers out there and, like photographers, some are awesome and charge a lot, some suck but still charge a lot, and some are... ...you get the idea. :-)</p>

<p>I would start out by reading some marketing stuff on your own first. I really like Seth Godin (http://www.sethgodin.com/sg/) as well as Sarah Petty (www.thejoyofmarketing.com): both have blogs and newsletters. Regardless of whether you hire someone or do it yourself, you'll be better served if you have a stronger sense of marketing ideas. I am not saying that YOU necessarily need to since I don't know you other than your posts here: I meant that, generally, we all are beter off knowing more than less.</p>

<p>It's easy for me to say things like "you need to invest in your company", the truth is, if you don't have the money to hire a pro, then you can't hire a pro. If this is where you are at, then try to find a marketing student that would be willing to work for free or to use you as a school project.</p>

<p>Anyway, a strong logo is definitely helpful but remember that its greatest strength lies in being part of a brand.</p>

<p>If you want to see a lot of different possibilities talk to your local college. The prof. teaching Graphic Design etc. They normally love to get a "real life" project for the students to mess around with. You'll get a bunch of different options at no or little cost.<br /><br />Then you can take what you like and either ask the students to modify it to your liking or take it to a pro designer. Don't know about your neck of the woods but here I've found the best designers working at various printers. They're also normally pretty fast, often have a set rate, and - again generally - have experience working directly with clients.</p>

<p>Hi Missy,<br>

My wife and I are both wedding photographers who branded ouselves and created mostly everything from scratch, including our logo. It helps that we both actually came from a graphic design background.<br>

things we aimed at when we created our logo and our brand:<br>

1. we needed to combine elements that represented both my wife and I, without being to literal or complicated. - So I used 2 Cs and formed a number 2. Cindy has a very round soft style, while mine (Charles) is more edgier, as a result I used both round and angles in our logo.<br>

2. we wanted to show our creativity (since we aim for that in our photos).<br>

3. we didn't want what everyone else had, plain clean font with a name, butterflies, flowers, etc. Yet we didn't want to be too complicated since our style is clean and modern.<br>

Here is what we came up with (on the website). The logo is on the left. It's basically a ring with two C's, forming a number 2. The other artsy stuff around it changes, when our branding changes, but the logo will always remain the same.<br>

We've both done logo's before and have worked for corporations and freelance before. If your interested maybe we might be able to assist you with your logo. Whether it be just questions you might have, or if you actually want something designed, we don't mind helping. Finding a designer is difficult because, pay doesn't always equate to quality, and artist's have different tastes. I'd say the best graphic artists are the ones that can best take your personality and ideas and incorporate them into a design that best reflects you. </p>

<p><strong>Moderator Note:</strong> Charles, website addresses and links to one's own website are frowned upon in posts on the forum. This is why they belong on your member page, and I see you have it there. So I am removing the link here. In the future, just refer people to your member page for the website address. People can click on your name and be taken there.</p>

<p>A friend of mine who just graduated with a BA in Graphic Design has done some excellent work and I can recommend her. She is quick, thorough, friendly and will accommodate your needs based upon your budget... I asked for a logo with a very specific bride-appealing contemporary feel, and with just a few questions, she put together three samples for me to choose from in less than two weeks.<br>

Her name is Anna Hays - you can reach her at ahays@mc.edu</p>