lock tab broke off--how do I unlock card?

<p>I have a SanDisk SD card with photos on it but the little locking tab has come off the card, leaving the card locked. Any ideas how I can unlock it and download the pics to my computer? When I put the card in the camera (Pentax K10D) it tells me the card is locked. <br>

Any ideas appreciated. The photos are of my parents' 50th wedding anniversary, so I would like very much to retrieve them. <br>

Bob</p>

<p>As far as I know the switch doesn't "lock" anything - it's position tells the reader/camera that it is locked so not to write to the card.<br />When my SD card had this problem (I lost the tab too!) a blob of glue in the "unlock" position did the same job as the tab. It fooled the camera so I could carry on shooting until I got a new card.</p>

<p>[[i have a SanDisk SD card with photos on it but the little locking tab has come off the card, leaving the card locked. Any ideas how I can unlock it and download the pics to my computer? When I put the card in the camera (Pentax K10D) it tells me the card is locked.]]</p>

<p>As has been mentioned, the card is locked for writing, not for reading. Just download the pictures and, when you next visit your local electronics recycling, add the card to the pile.</p>

• 1 year later...

<p>Ok usually im not the one to toot my own horn but this one is called for it so here it goes just had the same prob happen to me and almost in a fit of furry gave up and went to walmart but as cheap as i am all of the sudden i get a brain storm now as crazy as it sounded it worked right away remember cassette tapes from back in the day think long and hard i hafta and im only 35 ANYWAYS does anybody remember that doo hicky at the top where you could mess w it and lock it up to not record anymorewell on a whim i did and for S n giggles thought hmmmmmm couldnt be that simple could it? well yes virginia it is!</p>

<p>just get a small not too small piece of tape and put it on there make sure its not too thick and it will work! man should have been an IT tech or something</p>

<p>keep on clickin</p>

• 8 months later...