Lithprinting with cold-tone papers

To the best of my knowledge, there hasn't been a pure bromide paper made since Agfa Brovira.

Is there anyone out there who is really experienced in lith printing? I'd like for someone to write an article about it for my web site.

I don't know of any paper discussed the difference when everything else was held equal.

If you are making your own emulsion and coating paper yourself, gelatin to silver ratio seems an important variable. Smaller ratio (less gelatin) helps infectious development. You might not want to use such paper for regular printing, though.

Ok, folks, question answered

yesterday I did a test with Classic Arts Polykaltton, wich, according to the manufacturers label is a silverbromide paper (and really shows a nice cold-blue tone if developed normally)without incorporated developers (infos at www.fotoimpex.de).

General result: lithable!

Higher sensitivity compared to the according warmtone type. Quite nice, if you have to increase exposure several stops.

Lith-colour: (Moersch lith set, 1/10 dilution)only a soft tone to yellow at the lights, a deep, little greenish black in the shadows.

Seems to be worth some experiments with other dilutions.

OK, thats it.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...