LitePanels 1x1 3200k or 5600k

model mayhem gallery

<p>I am looking for a good alternative for the 1'X1' litepanel. The one i want is the 5600K 1x1 which is almost $2000. The 3200K seems to be cheaper can get around $1600. can this be adjusted with a gel to make it 5600K so that it will match when used with my white Lighting X1600 AB AB800? Also, ho is the competitor anybody making a quality copy yet? I will be shooting both stills and video with a 5D Mark II.<br></p><p><br></p><p>Thanks<br></p>

<p>Unless your flashes are set at min power and are maybe 20 feet way, they will likely swamp the light output of an LED array that can only supply f4 at 4ft, iso 200 and approx 1/60 sec exposure. An 80B equiv gel will probably work, and likely cut the light output in half. You could gel your flashes to match the light panel, but the flashes will still likely overpower the led panel.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Actullay the litepanel LED arrays are very bright you can get them from 500watts up to 1000 watts in a 1'x1'x1" panel running on batteries. I also looked at Ari Fresnel lights but they pull too much power and flip the breakers in my studio. I am looking to replace my AB800 and Vagabon battery pack with a litepanel setup for outdoors so I can do both video and stills on the beach at sunset.</p>

• 2 weeks later...