Linhof Technika Serial Number Questions

Discussion in 'Large Format' started by Glenn McCreery, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Hi!

I have a full set for a Linhof Technika in a brown suitcase. My camera's serial number is 45262 and is written in the flash shoe. Can you please tell me which model I have? Does Linhof still make spare parts and additional equipment for this model? Is it compatible with newer models?

Thank you so much for your help!

2. Is it possible to know the date of manufacture of this Linhof Optical Multifocus Viewfinder? I can't find a serial number on the finder itself, though there are numbers of some kind on its box.
    Finder.jpg

3. No, that is the version prior to the current style. The current one has been made since sometime in the 70s!

4. Thanks. Maybe this one's about the right vintage to go with my 1960 Technika IV, which is what I was hoping for.

Thanks again for all your help!

5. Right vintage, but far less useable then the next version.
    The one you are looking at is a cropping finder. At the widest focal length you have a large image, at the longest the image size becomes about the size of your small finger nail.

With the later version the image zooms and remains large. Also, the later one is corrected for both parallax and corrects for field size as you set the distance, for all focal lengths.

6. Got it—thanks!

7. BTW, the later ones go from 72/75mm to 360 with no other accessories needed.

8. Hi Bob!

Can you please help me recognize my Linhof Technika? My camera's serial number is 45262 and is written in the flash shoe. Does Linhof still make spare parts and additional equipment for this model? Thank you.

9. 1953/54 Technika lll 2x3 no parts or accessories from Linhof for decades!

10. Thank you Bob. What do you mean by 2x3...my camera is 6x9?

11. 2x3” is 6x9cm.

12. Hello,Bob~I have a Linhof Super Technika V(5X7"),SN number is 26768,could your tell me the year it had been made?Thanks

13. December 1964 Technika V, 3rd one made!

14. Hello Bob, Would You please find Year of production of Linhof Master Technika 4x5 SN: 6461547 and Super Technika V SN: 2181885. Thank You

15. 1977 and 1975

16. Hello Bob, [​IMG]
    is it a Technika from 1987? Thank You.

17. No, 1979.

m.lehanka likes this.
  18. Hello Bob,

thank You is #6476098 a Master Technika V ?