linhof and hasselblad back

fabrizio_b.

<p>Hi,<br>

i own a linhof techinkardan 23 and i would like to use it with my hasselblad cfv digital back (V serie). I have seen on the internet some adapters and i would like to know your experience about that. would you suggest me wich one wuold be the best. I found the widepan:<br>

http://www.fotodiox.com/product_info.php?products_id=107<br>

is it enough or do i need to buy something else to use it?<br>

the price is lower than linhof adapter, is there any differece between the two?</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>fabrizio</p>

<p>The CFV back requires synchronization with the shutter. This can be done using a cable to the shutter sync terminal.</p>

<p>As long as you can provide that control, and the back mounts correctly on the camera, it should work.</p>

<p>- Leigh</p>

<p>With the Linhof adapter you know you will have the proper ground glass/image plane alignment to ensure the sharpest results (assuming the use of the proper optics within their optimization range).</p>

<p>Since even their description is erroneous, Linhof never made any Master Technika cameras in any size other then 4x5, you should be wary of any claims made by them.</p>

<p>I found that when you are dealing with this level of precision it is best to got with OEM items.<br>

Fotodiox stuff are very good but we are talking about groundglass image plane precision. They probably measure a Linhof and made the calculations where the linhof one is spec'd from the design drawings.</p>

• 2 weeks later...