Lincoln Memorial

Discussion in 'Leica and Rangefinders' started by frederick_muller, May 8, 2010.

1. With ye old Olympus XA. Low tech '70-'80's stuff ...
    00WQAo-242663584.jpg

2. Can't resist ... here's the Washington Monument ...
    00WQAz-242663984.jpg

3. Great photos. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a digital version of this classic little rangefinder? It's the only camera I have owned more than 20 years that I've never been tempted to sell or trade.

4. I would love a digital version of the XA. In fact, there are a whole slew of digitals with the came cigarette pack size, but I've never seen on with a short-base rangefinder and eye-level viewfinder. All the new digitals have the viewing LCD on the back that I don't really like.

5. I agree. I finally gave in and purchased the Canon S90 with it's 2.0 lens, front function ring and its high ISO capability. It seemed to be the best of what's out there. I wish it had a viewfinder, but I found the viewfinders on the G2, G6 and G9's I had pretty much worthless for accuracy. What prompted me to purchased the S90 was that I was taking so many photos with my iPhone because "it was the camera I had with me" which makes it "the best camera in the world." The S90 isn't much bigger and of course the quality is first rate for a point and shoot. Maybe someone will build a fixed-lens pocketable small rangefinder camera some day. We can only hope and wish.

6. Lincoln memorial -
    00WQah-242931584.jpg

7. Yea, Frederick. Glad to see you shooting in the old USA!!

8. Yea, Frederick. Glad to see you shooting in the old USA!!

9. It sure is refreshing, Paul!