Limited Ed. Eos 1n

johnny_tsang

<p>All of the 1N bodies Ihave ever seen say Canon. Indeed I cannot think of a single FD or EF body that I have ever seen that does not say Canon. I think this is a scam as taking the brand off a 1N does not make it inconspicuous for street shooting. If you really want to be incognito you get a camera like the Contax G2 with a 90mm lens and shoot from the hip.</p>

<p>I've never heard of one, and can't find reference to one anywhere. Here's what the skeptic in me says; It is a standard 1n HS that someone took the top off, sanded it down, and repainted it matte black. The finish doesn't look quite like a regular 1n (compare it to the baseplate), and the serial number isn't amended, while special editions usually are. It wouldn't be that hard to do nor expensive. The other reason I suspect this is that while other white markings on the are preserved on it, like the power indicators, the diopter adjustment scale is gone, which wouldn't matter since there would be an eyecap over it.</p>

<p>The 1n is easily the loudest camera I've ever owned. You don't have to see it to know exactly what it is, and I doubt it would become inconspicuous even wrapped in a towel!</p>

<p>If in doubt, phone in the S/N to Canon. They'll be able to tell you if it's some sort of limited edition.</p>