Lightroom with Tablet?

<p>Does anyone have experience of using Adobe Lightroom with a graphics tablet?</p>

<p>I'm particularly interested in whether it works nicely in the crop tool. I have about 2500 pictures a week that each need an individual crop (and a tweak on the exposure setting) and I'd like to reduce the length of time it's taking me to get through them all from 2 to 3 days at present down to one. I'm hoping that a tablet will be faster than a mouse.</p>

<p>Any comments or suggestions?</p>

<p>Alec,<br>

I have a Wacom Bamboo attached to my iMac and use it for LR and PS all the time. I find the pen enables me to crop faster and more accurately than the trackball I have. </p>

<p>If you're applying the same crop (or exposure setting) to a lot of pictures you can sync that setting across multiple images in the Grid view or Copy/Paste settings from the image with the crop you want to several other images needing the same crop. I do this when I have an 18% gray card in an image and I want to set that white balance across several images shot in the same light. Check the LR forums for more information on to use this.</p>

<p>i use a wacom tablet for eveything for the past 9 years...word, photoshop, flash, imovie, lightroom..i didtn touch a mouse since then. So yes you could use one : )</p>

<p>A tablet is not a magic wand; if you take 3 days with a mouse..it will be the same with a tablet..im not following you there? You dotn gain speed with a tablet, you gain better control and more free gesture.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>I find the pen enables me to crop faster and more accurately than the trackball I have. </em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Anything is faster than a trackball..except when you play at Quake : )<em><br /> </em></p>

<p>Thanks... I do know you can sync the crop (and the other settings) - it's just that every image needs an <strong>individual </strong>(maybe I should have said <strong>unique</strong>, <strong>independent, judged by eye and set for that image only</strong>) crop.</p>

<p>I'm wondering whether if I gain better control, as Patrick says, whether that would therefore be faster too, in that I'd get the crop right first "release" and not have to pick up the corner(s) a second time to adjust. If I can save a couple of seconds per image that saves hours overall.</p>

<p>Setting some keystrokes for increase/decrease "crop left", "crop top", "crop right" etc would be useful - but as far as I can tell that's not possible.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Patrick, yeah, I'd love to have the time to frame in camera, but until Canon make a camera where the AF focuses anywhere in the frame, I have to put the AF point over the eye of the subject, so I don't get my choice of framing. This is fast action low light indoor sports, I'm not posing people and I don't have time to muck about.</p>

<p>get a wacom bamboo, it's like $69 at amazon, try it out... <br />works great for doing anthing in lightroom, except moving the sliders.. a touchpad mouse is best for them, as you can roll the tip of your finger on the mousepad to get the exact effect you want, and make it stick, when you take your finger off... (the pen keeps moving it, till it's 1/4" off the tablet</p>