Lightroom Subscription Taking Over Lightroom Purchase

<p>Before the whole Adobe subscription model got underway, I purchased Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 5. After a few iterations of their pricing plans, I opted to subscribe to Photoshop CC for $9.99/month. That worked out fine and PS CS6 and PS CC stayed in their own corners and I had no problems. Lightroom (like PS CS6) was mine and worked great. A short time later, Adobe came back and threw Lightroom 5 into the monthly deal making both LR and PS available for the same amount as PS alone. Well, since I already had LR, I saw no reason to install it -- and besides, I had already paid for LR and the copy on my machine was covered under a perpetual license--no need to mix/mess things up. </p>

<p>But now, when I see an update is available for LR and I try to get it installed, I am directed to a screen that informs me I need to install LR 5 through the creative cloud to perform the update. Why is this when my LR 5 (already installed and working just fine) was not purchased/rented/leased through the creative cloud? I'd rather NOT perform a re-install/double install. I don't want to take a chance that my libraries, edits, plug-ins, etc. get all hosed up too. This also makes me wonder what might happen to my store bought version of LR should I terminate my subscription--will my LR stop working as well?</p>

<p>Is there a way to perform updates outside of the CC process? Even my CS6 products are updated through the Creative Cloud App/Interface--but it never asked me to install one of them from the cloud before installing an update.</p>

<p>Has anyone else had any experiences with this issue?</p>

<p>Once you install CC for Photographers, the updates come through CC. As far as I can tell, CC writes over the existing LR installation. You should look at this as a positive - you won't pay anything beyond your regular subscription fee for Lightroom 6, which should come out this year, possibly fairly soon. And if you have your original media, you can install it if you want to cancel your subscription and downgrade Lightroom in the future.</p>

<p>Thanks Jeff. I guess I was left wondering why all of my CS6 software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, etc.) have been recognized by the CC Application and were installed before I went to CC for Photoshop, but my Lightroom 5 application was not, so instead of seeing 'Update Available' or 'Up to Date' I see the 'Install' button. Will I have to go through installing all of my plug-ins again for this install? How about the library files/catalogs--will they get lost in the translation and have to be recreated?</p>