Lightroom for iPad could be out soon...

<p>As someone who spends hours and hours and hours a day in Lightroom, I cannot imagine working in Lightroom on an iPad. Cloud based? Yikes. If you think it's slow and choppy on an ultra-fast desktop rig, you'll not want anything to do with a Cloud version. Plus, I think you'll need some gear hanging off your iPad to get the images in there and then to store them. (Note: I have not watched the video.)</p>

It's not cloud based, Peter. It's a lighter smaller version of Lightroom "that has many of the same

features of the full version" and runs on the iPad. But I agree, I wouldn't wish to work on a tab.

Windows Lightroom users load the normal full version on a Windows Pro tab. Some of which are just as powerful as a half decent laptop.

<p>I use mosaic which sends any LR picture that I process and keep through the cloud, Wi-Fi or ATT&T and sends a proof sized sized copies of to a mosaic app in my Ipad. It works. The full sized raw file is stored in my Mosaic account on the cloud for backup. The proofs are kept on the cloud and are not stored on my iPad. I just upgraded to a 12gig Ram fast processor desk top to replace and older slower 6 gig desk top. I would not dream of processing pictures on the Ipad. Mine only has 16gig storage and would be too slow to do much. </p>

<p>My main concern is that iOS isn't color managed. So I'd be hard pressed to use the wrong tool (iPad) to process (correct) images. For perhaps ranking, OK. IMHO, an iPad is the wrong tool for this kind of work, but we'll see how well this all pans out. Personally I'd rather see LR's desktop app beefed up in any number of ways and hopefully whatever is being developed for iPad will not dilute that direction. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>The color isn't that far off or we wouldn't be using them to browse the web or load our portfolios and show them to clients in the first place. Just like my mbp, I wouldn't hesitate to adjust and use an iPad for non-paying work. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>The color isn't that far off</p>

</blockquote>

<p>How not far off would that be? <br>

How long do you suppose it takes to upload the images to the iPad, clogging your bandwidth while doing so, when the images are already on the Laptop or desktop? When would someone spend potential hours uploading this data, not as a backup, but to simply view poolside for editing? This isn't a finished web page of portfolio of images after all, we're using the iPad to <strong>edit</strong> the images. Considering most of the time, my iPad and my Macbook are within a few feet of each other, I'm scratching my head wondering when (and why) I'd do this in the first place. <br>

<br>

I can use a kitchen knife as a screwdriver too. But since I have many fine screwdrivers, I'll use that tool instead. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

I'd have to play with the 30 day trial on my iPad when it comes out and then decide.

Right now I use a MB Air for remote LR processing and it works fine, has long battery life, is fast enough (beats my old

MacPro) and is relatively light weight. Rumors are pointing to a "retina" display for the next generation MB Air. Not that I

need the extra resolution, but the IPS display would be a big improvement, along with the 12 hour battery life, and no

doubt a slight processor bump. I'll probably upgrade to that for on-the-road LR processing and app development.

Also, being one of the tens of millions of Adobe customers who had their credit card and personal information compromised

(when they were not supposed to retain my card details, anyway) and who had to clean up the mess from fraudulent

charges afterwards, it will be a long time before I entrust Adobe with monthly CC credit card charges.

www.citysnaps.net