Lightroom Files

<p>I am using Lightroom 4 to manage my photo files. Images are filed in folders with sub folders. When I first transfered my files to a universal Lightroom folder there were no images in main folders. All images were in sub folders. Now somehow it has changed so that all the images in the sub folders are mirrored in the main folder. For example if I had 10 sub folders each containing 10 images,the main folder shows 100 images and they display when I click on it. If I try to eliminate the images on main folder, they are also removed from the sub folder. My question is,how do I eliminate the images in the main folder without removing them from the sub folders ?</p>

<p>[[ For example if I had 10 sub folders each containing 10 images,the main folder shows 100 images and they display when I click on it]]<br>

<br>

Graham,</p>

<p>Lightroom is showing you all the images contained within all of the sub-folders. That is by design. </p>

<p>Since that was an easy answer I have another question re Lightroom 4 and files. I have LR 4 on my iMac 27". I have my photos in the folders I copied to my iMac from the Pc they were originally on. They are in a folder titled PhotoFiles with sub folders Digital and Scanned and sub sub folders by date within subject matter. How do I incorporate these PhotoFiles into LR 4 and still use them outside of LR 4 with utilities like DPP? Gil</p>