Lightroom Database.... How to Create a New One?

I cannot find the answer to this, I did a search here on PN.... and I know I saw

this mentioned in a thread in the last two or three weeks. I also went to

Adobe's LR knowledgebase and I'm not seeing it there either..

I know that I can set my preferences to let me choose which database to open,

but I cannot figure out specifically how to create a new database.

Does anyone have the answer to this or point me in the direction of the previous

thread that explained this....

Thanks for any help you may be able to give!

Michelle

It is in preference in lightroom, but i cant tell you precesely..should not be hard to find, Lightroom have only 3 preference panel.

If you hold ALT or COMMAND on Mac when starting your application i think it should ask you what you like to do.

I was asking the same questions, but my error was i didtn want to create more library but more folder to manage multyple client. Is that what you look for?

If it really is a new database (Library) you want to create, this is right out of the Help file that comes with the program:

Create a new library

1. Hold down the Alt key (Windows) or Options key (Mac OS) when starting Lightroom.

2. In the Select Database dialog box, click Create New Database.

3. In the Create Folder For New Database dialog box, type a name for your new library in the Save As text box.

4. Navigate to the location where you want to save the library and click Create.

If in fact you just want to create a new folder, click on the plus sign in the folders panel on the left side of the Library module.

The pdf file that comes with the program is worth a read, pretty well everything is in there.

Thanks to everyone for the help.....! Yes Jim that was what I needed precisely and I figured it out on my own a short while ago before looking back in here. It took a little bit more digging around online, about 5-6 pages in on google to find a mention of it. Believe it or not I looked in the help file, but I think I choosing the wrong wording to search there. Of course it was probably right in front of my face, and I just didn't see it.

Thanks again!