Lightroom book suggestions

Here is a previous thread on this question

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00KpvX

I have the Luminous Landscape tutorial and have watched a number of others as well and feeling pretty well about navigating LR now.

There are two book Martin Evenings which is very informative and well received, and Kelby's which is said to have a good workflow scenarios which seem interesting to me as a quickly becoming power user. His books are also criticized as geared towards beginner to amateur level, and his writing has been called schmarmy. Some people like the cheesy humor others hate it. I saw Evenings book in a book store and could not find anything on workflow that included Photoshop so chose not to buy it yet. There was one other book on LR (red covered) I saw in the book store that I found uninformative with my tutorial knowledge.

Between the Luminous Landscape tutorial and many free tutorials out there you can learn a lot though.

Thanks Jordan. Yeah, Kelby has a chosen wit. But the facts were pretty good in his other books. Thanks for your info. I missed the April 20 thread on this issue. If they have it I'll check Evening's book. The google search for books already has more than a half dozen publications out there. I'm just trying to narrow the search.

I spent some time today at Borders browsing several books. The top two were the Kelby book and the Evening book. In the end, I decided that there was more detail and more information, with more thorough step-by-step instructions, in the Kelby book. However, the Evening book looked like a better guide to the program's interface.

I actually think the Evening book is what you would have expected a few years ago as the user manual that came in the box. However, as far as I can tell, no such manual comes with LR - only the "getting started" book/pdf, which is very brief. It may not be an accident that the publisher of the Evening book is Adobe Press?

I should mention that Kelby is running seminars on Lightroom. There's one here in a couple of weeks. It's $99 for a most-of-one-day seminar, and it looks like a good productivity investment.