Lightroom 6 (traditional) download and issues

When I upgraded my computer in December 2019 and tried to install both Lightroom 6 and Photoshop CS5, neither would install from the DVD media.

I opened a trouble ticket with Adobe Support. Support requested my Serial Numbers, and upon verifying them sent me links to download new installation copies of Lightroom 6 and Photoshop CS5. The downloads each were over a gigabyte long. They software installed without any problems.

I backed up each of the files to separate DVD media and added them to both my onsite and offsite backups.

When I re-installed Windows earlier this year, both Lightroom 6 and Photoshop CS5 installed from those files without any problems.

Part of the possible issue involved activation/deactivation which, depending on if an older (DOA) machine was or wasn't done, requires Adobe to directly handle this after getting a serial number. Downloading and installing isn't an issue, for the time being, the installers are in several locations.

And of course, LR6 is not only no longer supported, but it is also about to lose syncing if that's something an LR user wishes to do.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.html

As you can see, this URL provides downloads, until 12/31/2023.

On top of all that, how well and how long it will run under Windows 11 is questionable.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

I've got LR3, LR4 and LR5...a bunch of 5s. Some are new and never installed. Will these be usable indefinitely? Or is it Adobe's plan to not alliw them to run?

If Adobe screws people this way,, maybe someone will make a older version that is broken and won't need Adobe's approval.