I'm looking for a good, comprehensive book on Lightroom 4.

There is Adobe's own "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Classroom in a Book" by the Adobe Creative Team and there are several others.

<br><br>

I have the previous "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers" by Martin Evening in the Kindle edition, but for some reason I don't like the way the author approaches the subject. I bought it when

I got Lightroom 3, which unfortunately was just a few weeks before LR 4 was released.

<br><br>

There are several Lightroom 4 titles on the market, but I'm not sure which are good, so I'm open to suggestions.

<p>My vote goes to "<a href="http://www.lightroomqueen.com/books/adobe-lightroom-4-missing-faq/">The Missing FAQ</a>" by Victoria Bampton - AKA "the Lightroom Queen"!</p>

<p>She gets called that for a reason, and a FAQ format really is an excellent way to organise and communicate sometimes complex ideas in a straightforward and accessible manner.</p>

<p>Highly recommended.</p>

<p>I'm a big of the Missing FAQ also. I use that and a variety of online sources and get what I need. One really nice thing about the Missing FAQ is that if you buy the book, Victoria makes the PDF available. This is very useful for specific searches that aren't as easy with the index in the physical book. You can also buy just the PDF if you want.</p>

• 1 year later...
<p>I can't help you by suggesting a "good" book for Lightroom 4. My limited experience with Lightroom 4 involved purchasing the recommended book(The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby). I didn't like and haven't used the CS4 book. However, it's odd that the same author and title for photoshop CS6 is in my opinion a very good book and one I would recommend - for CS6.</p>