Lightroom 4.4 and new PC

<p>Not sure I got the most correct category but here's my question. My old computer had to be replaced and I am now ready to connect the external hard drive containing my backup files and load my photos into LR on my new computer. Any advice on how best to do this would be appreciated. My confidence level is not all that high. Thanks for any help.</p>

<p>Lots of info about this on the internet. First thing is to load the catalogue files into the new computer and place the pictures in the correct directory. It is possible that LR does not recognize the files in the folders section. In that case you'll have to point LR to the correct place. Can be quite a lot of work. (I assume you're speaking about a PC system, I don't have the faintest idea how this works in IOS).</p>

<p>Thanks. Let me try to be a little more specific. All my LR photos are on my external backup drive and I now want to copy them to the local drive on the new computer and return to the setup where I backed up to the external drive. Although I have watched and read online help sources, I remain confused about how to do this without messing everything up.</p>

<p>Copy them to the internal drive with the folder structure intact. If you did it right before, you will have a single folder at the top rather than a more flat structure with a lot of folders. The reason is that LR can be pointed at the top level folder and find everything instantly. If you have a flat structure with a lot of folders and no single point above them, you will need to individually find every folder from inside LR. You won't mess everything up if you leave the hard drive alone until you've pointed LR at the files on the hard drive.</p>