Lightroom 4.1 sort pictures from more than one camera

<p>I'm using LR 4.1, the sort command does not seem to work properly when using multiple cameras (EOS 5D, 10D and Powershot SX 40). When sorting by capture time the filmstrip lists the SX 40's jpg's first, followed by the CR2/CRW files. Each of the types is sorted by date/time but what I want is sorting by capture time, irrespective of the camera type. When looking back at older pictures it worked then, albeit with different cameras. Am I overlooking something?</p>

<p>A couple of weeks ago, I was doing an A/B comparison between the Nikon D800 and D800E so that I was changing bodies back and forth several times while using the same lenses. Lightroom 4 sorts those image correctly by capture time as I choose. The clocks inside those cameras are synchronized to within a second or two, and since it takes longer than that to swap bodies, the sorting is correct.</p>

<p>I too would double check whether the clocks inside those cameras are synchronized.</p>

<p>And slightly off topic, of course on Lightroom you can filter by camera model. Filtering by serial number is also an option in case you have multiple cameras of the same model.</p>

<p>Jos,<br>

Sort is not the command to use for reaching your goal.<br>

Use the Metadata library filter. Select a catalog/folder/collection, then at the top of the LR screen click on Metadata. The columns should include the camera information you desire. You can also click on the column heading and choose something else.The Filter dropdown menu at the right will give you additional criteria.<br>

ME</p>