Lightroom 3.0 Export File Size/Resolution Variation

<p> I am trying to export a group of images at the same resolution/file size to be imported into Panorama factory. The problem I have is that that each file has a small variation in resolution ( 1-2 lines). Panorama factory can't handle this, it needs the files to be the exact size. PF does have trim options, but it is inconvenient when stitching 30+ images. I have tried all of the possible settings in lightroom export to constrain the file size/resolution in but there always appears to be some minor variation. Is this typically of lightroom or are there any other options in lightoom? All of the images are raw images from a Canon 5DMKII<br>

Don</p>

<p>I ment to crop by entering your pixel dimensions in the ratio field and then exporting to fit that size. It deosn't always work though. Do you have PS? You can go to Bridge were you can use crop tool in ACR and chose between ratio or pixel and do what you wish there.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Thanks for all of your responses. <br>

Mark, I am working in ver 3.3. <br>

Garrison, I tried to crop all the same size, as well as constraining the pixel dimensions when exporting. There is always a 2-3 pixel variation between images, which doesn't match the value I entered. I will try Photoshop.</p>

<p>Garrison,<br>

You idea to crop the aspect ratio, then export at the same aspect ratio worked. I think the problem is that the original files are HDR tiffs created by photomatix. For some reason they are exported by photomatix at the slightly different pixel sizes. I suspect the problem would not have happened if I was working with the original raw images. I now have no problems stitching the images in panorama factory</p>

<p>Glad it worked. It's a work around but be prepared as it doesn't always work.</p>

<p>It's super easy in Photoshop by going to Bridge, selecting your images, then opening in ACR and synchronizing, then cropping them by pixels and click done and that's it. Sadly in LR you still can not batch crop by pixels like you can with PS.</p>