Lightroom 2 into PS CS3

<p>Hi all- I've searched but can't find this particular question. Forgive me if I didn't look hard enough. After I get an image looking pretty good in LR2, but I need to do something more to it in PS CS3, when I click Photo, Edit in , PS3 and it opens, it will be less saturated and a bit colder in tone. I've got both color spaces set to Adobe RGB, so it's not a mismatch per se, my monitor is calibrated with a Spyder 3, and besides, the image is shown in both programs on the same monitor, so that's not the problem. Does anyone else experience this? Is there a preset in LR that I should apply or could apply to a file when it's to be edited in PS? Could it be something I've overlooked in the color settings in PS? I'm a bit new to LR and would really like to solve this. Thanks-Gary</p>

<p>In Lightroom, does the piicture look the same in the Library module as it does in the Develop module? If not, does it appear the same in the Library module as it does in PS?<br>

In every magnification but 1:1, the Develop view in Lightroom doesn't take sharpening or defringing into account. If you're using a substantial amount of sharpening, and/or you've activated Defringe Highlight Edges or Defringe All, then the view in Develop can look considerably more saturated than the view you get in Library. If the image looks the same in PS as it does in the Library module, then there's nothing wrong. You've been fooled by the incomplete rendering in the Develop module. <br>

In short, if you want to judge the overall contrast and color saturation of an image, and you're in any maginification other than 1:1, you need to view the image in the Library module, where all adjustments are factored into the way the image is rendered.</p>

<p>Dave- Thanks for the tip, but now I'm a bit confused. Do you mean that as an image is adjusted in the Develop module, the only way to see the true effects of those adjustments is to return to the Library module, the organizational part of the program? But in any event, the two images do not look the same no matter which module I'm using to compare. But I think I have a clue. The native color space of LR is Profoto, and my PS working space is Adobe RGB. Adobe being a bit larger space would account for the lighter, flatter look. I'll change all my PS color settings to Profoto and see if the PS image gets closer to what I see in LR. Thanks again.</p>

<p>"Do you mean that as an image is adjusted in the Develop module, the only way to see the true effects of those adjustments is to return to the Library module, the organizational part of the program?"</p>

<p>Yes, except in 1:1 magnification. In any other size, they'll look different IF you've used sharpening and/or defringe. This is a serious shortcoming in an otherwise great program. The Adobe forums are full of questions and complaints about it, but it will probably remain this way in order to keep performance in the Develop module reasonably snappy.</p>

<p>If you change PS to a ProPhoto working space, then LR's Library view in any magnification and Develop view in 1:1 should both match what you see in PS exactly.</p>