Lighting for Portraiture By Walter Nurnberg

ammlan

<p>I got this book from one of my friend. Now, if I scan this book and make a PDF version to distribute among my friends is there any chance of copyright law violation. I live in India. Please suggest.<br>

Thank you Howard for your suggestion.<br>

Regards.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Of course you are violating copyright. If it's inforcable in India is another story.<br>

<br />Next time you take a photo of a client, can they take the one image, scan it, and make as many copies as they want?</p>

<p>[shakes head in disgust]</p>

<p>Copyright lives on for 70 years past the authors death (at least in most countries). So, save that book till October of 2061 (he died Oct '91). Then, you can legally PDF it all you want and sell it for a huge profit. Until then, you would be a pirate trying to profit from the works of others. The fact that you are posting this question reveals that you are trying to find out if anyone else has already stole this man's work and put it pdf format. Also, you a fishing to see if there is any interest.<br>

Sorry, I have no mercy for you.</p>

<p>Thanks for all the suggestions. Actually this book is out of print, and rarely available at old book market (in India). I do believe this book is a 'must read' for every photography students. I had no bad intension in my mind. If it is at all then I had already uploaded this book on the sites ..... (you know the names). And I promise even if I lend this book to my friends I'll surely mention that 'DON'T MAKE A PHOTOCOPY!'<br>

Thanks Ann for the ebook link, but the book is different one.<br>

Hi Unruh! Forgive me '<em>Yaar</em>' (friend in Hindi). I have no such intension. If any day I am able to save enough money, I'll definitely buy the copyright of this book and distribute it free of cost. (Do you have any clue what may be the approx amount ;-)).<br>

Regards.</p>

• 2 months later...

<p>I bought this book used from an Amazon reseller for a couple of dollars. It's a good book if you are interested in classic ways to light the human face - it has some really good diagrams of light placement and many examples of variations on how to light the face. It's definitely a good read. <br>

There are copies available from Amazon and your friends can buy their own copies that way:</p>

<p>http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001PMHBEA/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&qid=1283964236&sr=8-4&condition=used</p>