Liebovitz Interview

<p>If you're interested, there's a 13 minute <a href="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2008/12/10/dcl.annie.liebovitz.cnn">video on CNN.com</a>. She's indirectly (not very!) pitching her new book, but talks about her process/approach and the history behind some of her specific shots. She mentions that she'd rather talk about photography than about her famous subjects, per se. <br /><br />On aging: "When you're younger, you don't know when to go home." After 40 years at it, she says she's now able to know when she's got the shot - and in much less time - because she's seeing things so differently now. A.L. fan or not, it's always interesting to listen to someone who's walked in those shoes.</p>

<p>Thanks for the link. While her approach is not my top favorite, I'm pleased to see that she is getting some time in the spotlight. Annie Leibovitz is definitely worth investigating if you have somehow managed to escape her presence up to now ;).</p>

<p>JDM - "While her approach is not my top favorite, I'm pleased to see that she is getting some time in the spotlight."</p>

<p>Tell me what part of her approach you speak of.- and Spotlight- dude she owns the spotlight! Annie Leibovitz is literally a household name. I don't think any photographer is more well known.</p>

• 2 weeks later...