LET'S SEE WHAT YOU GOT FOR CAR SHOWS

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by http://www.photo.net/dman, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Car shows, eh? I attend plenty, and often. A friend called me this past August and asked if I could make a local event that he is involved in called The Meeting Of The Marques. Primarily a British Car event, it is also open to pretty much anything vintage, with wheels. Among all the other cars there was this absolutely immaculate, late model, total Space Age Citroen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Each year there is a really fantastic event that's not so much a car show, per se- although they do stage a single day car show on the Friday. The primary activity, tho, is drag racing vintage cars and motorcycles on the beach. By vintage I mean WWII and earlier. While you can see massive numbers of cool old cars and bikes, the race itself is limited to older vehicles.
    Here's a small sampling of some photos you may have seen me post around the forum, all shot on film

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Finally, not to bore the daylights out of everyone... (ha ha) Much of the same crowd from The Race Of Gentlemen, seen above, also attended a sort of sister event- dirt drags at the Allentown (Pennsylvania) Fairgrounds- one or two weekends after TROG. It was at this event that I captured one of my favorite images of 2019.

First, the phone-pic version:

[​IMG]
    and here's the film-shot version (honestly tho I like the color best even if it's a phone pic):

[​IMG]

but there was a lot to see there, and I got lots of other cool pics as well...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK kids, that's it- apologies for over-killin' it

4. SO there are a few ways to post images here. If the file size isn't too large, I simply drag-n-drop photos into the "reply" box straight out of my desktop photo files.

IF you happen to store photos in a host site (I use Zenfolio), you can insert one or more images (one at a time) into any post. Scroll the icons on the top of the reply box and find "insert Image". Choose your file size and copy the image url from your host site, to paste it into the "Insert Image" mechanism.

As noted sometimes the site takes a few seconds for something show up. SO take breath, rest a second or three or four or..... wait to see if it goes thru. Mostly it does, ya just haffta give it some time. All of the pix I posted in this thread were via Zenfolio and the "Insert Image" using URLs.

I've never once chosen to "upload a file".

5. _DSC0355.jpg

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  6. The ultimate sleeper. I see a design flaw, though. If you got on that one with the windows rolled up, it would buckle the sheet metal when the blower kicked in.

Ricochetrider likes this.
  7. For sure, more than 1, I guess :)

8. I am "mostly" a sports car fanatic, but now & then I get cornered in some heavy metal events. Fine wine indeed ! Aloha, Bill R 2k19-072-DSCF5586 ces10 bm.JPG R 2k19-072-DSCF5599 ces10 bm xx.JPG R 2k19-072-DSCF5631 ces13 bc bm-2.JPG

9. At the 2011 "All British Day" at King's School, Parramatta in western Sydney, a 1962 Wolseley 15/60:

IMG_2861.JPG

Morris Minor Traveller:

IMG_2919.JPG

Austin 1800 utility:

IMG_3136.JPG

Morris Major:

IMG_3150.JPG

Humber Vogue:

IMG_3002.JPG

10. A car show I came across by accident. I went for a walk along the shores of Lake Gininderra in Belconnen and there was a car show in the park:

P1010032.JPG

P1010036.JPG

P1010037.JPG

11. Here are a few new ones in glorious color, courtesy of Kodak Ektar 100 film. These are from the October 2019 Race Of Gentlemen, either seen at their actual car show event, or just around town that week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. T-Bird & Blonde. Vancouver, August 2006. M8 + VC 25/4

2852155751_4582e9c310_4k.jpg