LET'S SEE WHAT YOU GOT FOR CAR SHOWS

i TRIED, I TRIED.....IT DIDN'T WORK....

Believe me, the shrug was not meant for you! :)

Those of us who've been around know the ... shall we say ... idiosyncracies of the PN system as well as its technical ... shall we say ... challenges. The last few days, the system has been slow and timing out a lot, which is often what results in multiple posts of the same image, and the usual 10-minute edit time may be compromised by technical factors working against you. Generally, it's true that you have 10 minutes to edit a post by hitting the small EDIT button that appears at the bottom of each post for that 10-minute period, then going to MORE OPTIONS, where you should ... should ... get a delete button for images that got uploaded. If the image is the only thing in your post, you will have to replace it with something, since the system won't accept empty text boxes as a legitimate post. I often use a period that I make white with the color tab at the top of the text box. Others will use NM for "never mind" or will type "duplicate post."

My own double post above was intentional, of course, in a gestural sort of way!

• Like 2

"You talkin' to me?"

Those of us who've been around know the ... shall we say ... idiosyncracies of the PN system as well as its technical ... shall we say ... challenges. The last few days, the system has been slow and timing out a lot, which is often what results in multiple posts of the same image, and the usual 10-minute edit time may be compromised by technical factors working against you. Generally, it's true that you have 10 minutes to edit a post by hitting the small EDIT button that appears at the bottom of each post for that 10-minute period, then going to MORE OPTIONS, where you should ... should ... get a delete button for images that got uploaded. If the image is the only thing in your post, you will have to replace it with something, since the system won't accept empty text boxes as a legitimate post. I often use a period that I make white with the color tab at the top of the text box. Others will use NM for "never mind" or will type "duplicate post."

I know...no worries...

Anyway, this is from a recent jaunt through one of my favorite little waterside towns, Port Costa, about an hour from San Francisco right on the banks of the Carquinez Straits. It's old world northern California, with great junk shops ... I mean antique stores, lol ... and a homey restaurant called the Bull Valley Inn friends and I like to go when we're in the mood for fried chicken and grits served family style. I decided to stop for a stroll through town on my to Sacramento a few weeks ago and these guys were nice enough to pose for me with their strikingly orange whatever it is ... looks like a hearse to me but, then again, I'm not terribly well-versed in cars. I guess the insignia on the front would give it away to someone more literate in "car" than me. Forgive me, this was only a "car show" in the sense that they were anything but reticent to show it off, as you can see. In any case, I can't quite put my finger on why I'm posting it ...

port-costa-orange-car_3255-ww.thumb.jpg.2aeb65b6a36fe853290c51253d5ebb6d.jpg

• Like 5

"You talkin' to me?"

Car shows, eh? I attend plenty, and often. A friend called me this past August and asked if I could make a local event that he is involved in called The Meeting Of The Marques. Primarily a British Car event, it is also open to pretty much anything vintage, with wheels. Among all the other cars there was this absolutely immaculate, late model, total Space Age Citroen.

p3794869477-5.jpg

p3794869464-5.jpg

p3794869472-5.jpg

p3794869578-4.jpg

p3794869603-5.jpg

p3794869583-4.jpg

p3794869475-5.jpg

p3794869478-5.jpg

• Like 5

Each year there is a really fantastic event that's not so much a car show, per se- although they do stage a single day car show on the Friday. The primary activity, tho, is drag racing vintage cars and motorcycles on the beach. By vintage I mean WWII and earlier. While you can see massive numbers of cool old cars and bikes, the race itself is limited to older vehicles.

Here's a small sampling of some photos you may have seen me post around the forum, all shot on film

p3726418002-5.jpg

p3711472218-5.jpg

p3711472655-5.jpg

p3712633797-5.jpg

p3711471803-5.jpg

p3712634205-5.jpg

p3661218100-5.jpg

p3661218411-5.jpg

p3661218097-5.jpg

• Like 5

Finally, not to bore the daylights out of everyone... (ha ha) Much of the same crowd from The Race Of Gentlemen, seen above, also attended a sort of sister event- dirt drags at the Allentown (Pennsylvania) Fairgrounds- one or two weekends after TROG. It was at this event that I captured one of my favorite images of 2019.

First, the phone-pic version:

p3726342471-5.jpg

and here's the film-shot version (honestly tho I like the color best even if it's a phone pic):

p3718980414-5.jpg

but there was a lot to see there, and I got lots of other cool pics as well...

p3734275601-5.jpg

p3718979947-5.jpg

p3718979949-5.jpg

p3790258939-5.jpg

OK kids, that's it- apologies for over-killin' it

• Like 5

I tried to delete the photos that were duplicate...I can't! What's up with that?

SO there are a few ways to post images here. If the file size isn't too large, I simply drag-n-drop photos into the "reply" box straight out of my desktop photo files.

IF you happen to store photos in a host site (I use Zenfolio), you can insert one or more images (one at a time) into any post. Scroll the icons on the top of the reply box and find "insert Image". Choose your file size and copy the image url from your host site, to paste it into the "Insert Image" mechanism.

As noted sometimes the site takes a few seconds for something show up. SO take breath, rest a second or three or four or..... wait to see if it goes thru. Mostly it does, ya just haffta give it some time. All of the pix I posted in this thread were via Zenfolio and the "Insert Image" using URLs.

I've never once chosen to "upload a file".

• Like 1