Less visitors.. Less view..

iLOVEnature

Hi,

Compare to my photo gallery past record and history, I found my new posted photos less visitors.. less view.. after Photo.net site change to new format. Maybe because of my photos low standard or not interesting, my photos hardly attract Photo.net members attention for the past few days.

If this is the case, I will improve my photography skill and tactic right away. But if not, appreciate and hoping if Photo.net able to improve the site.

Thank you.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry--right now everyone is preoccupied with trying to figure out how the site works. I suspect that there are not many people commenting right now because it is still not clear how comments are kept track of in a way that both those receiving the comments and those providing the comments can use. Once those problems are solved, I think things will get back to normal, and I look forward to the time when I can once again spend time with your photographs.
  • Like 1

Traffic has also come to practically a full stopped on my photos and I agree with Leslie that once the PN team has had time to look at all which has been raised here,things should start to roll.In the meantime,better to soft-peddle it,I guess.
  • Like 1

Hi,

Compare to my photo gallery past record and history, I found my new posted photos less visitors.. less view.. after Photo.net site change to new format. Maybe because of my photos low standard or not interesting, my photos hardly attract Photo.net members attention for the past few days.

If this is the case, I will improve my photography skill and tactic right away. But if not, appreciate and hoping if Photo.net able to improve the site.

Thank you.

It takes Google traffic a week or two (sometimes longer) to pick back up. This was expected, we're seeing more PV/V (page views per visit) up over 70% over previous version, once Google traffic recovers, we expect you will see significantly more visitors and views. Plus - your work is beautiful!

• Like 1

It takes Google traffic a week or two (sometimes longer) to pick back up. This was expected, we're seeing more PV/V (page views per visit) up over 70% over previous version, once Google traffic recovers, we expect you will see significantly more visitors and views. Plus - your work is beautiful!

Hi Glenn, thank you for your response. Also, thank you very much for your praise and compliments. I look forward to see Photo.net site back to normal and even better in few weeks time, thanks :) :)

can anyone tell me how the admires thing works? I have admired some photos and nothing shows up under the admires feature.

Admire a photo and its a tip of your cap to the photographer for nice work. Consider it your "up vote" - of course favorite will save it to your favorites in the Member Center and following the photographer will allow you to see (in Member Center) all recent uploads from photographers you are following

• Like 1

following the photographer will allow you to see (in Member Center) all recent uploads from photographers you are following

<br><br>

I want to describe this from a user perspective and get your comments, Glenn.

<br><br>

I go to the top of this forum page and hover over my avatar (which I've left blank) and click on MY PROFILE. I am NOT taken to MY PROFILE, but instead am taken to the PN home page. I then repeat that very same process in order to be taken to MY PROFILE. I click on USERS under FAVORITES and watch as all the rather large avatars of my FAVORITE photographers load. I then click on that large-size thumbnail and am taken to a series of their photos. I am not informed of what order those photos are in, not do I see a way to change that order view.

<br><br>

I would advise strongly against my having to see these large thumbnails of their avatar picture. I come here to see fellow photographers' photos, not photos of fellow photographers, unless they've intentionally posted a self portrait. If our avatars must appear beside every forum post we make, that's intrusive and unnecessary enough, but having to go through a page of huge thumbnails of the avatar pictures of photographers in order to see their uploads seems a bit overkill.

<br><br>

I used to be able to see recent uploads in one easy step. I clicked MY WORKSPACE and had previously left the tab open for "Most recent uploads by favorite photographers" and there they were, in all their glory. No muss no fuss.

• Like 4
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Hi, Compare to my photo gallery past record and history, I found my new posted photos less visitors.. less view.. after Photo.net site change to new format. Maybe because of my photos low standard or not interesting, my photos hardly attract Photo.net members attention for the past few days. If this is the case, I will improve my photography skill and tactic right away. But if not, appreciate and hoping if Photo.net able to improve the site. Thank you.

Since this is the first I've seen of you on this site, I clicked on your name beneath your avatar in this thread and it took me to a page I thought was a profile page but it doesn't show any information or your gallery. Note this is the first I've ever done this navigating the new format. I kept asking where the heck is this OP's gallery? The old format took me directly to the folders of images and members bio all on one page. It took me a while to notice down in the lower left corner in very small type is a box that says "Home Page" with Photo.net hyperlink confusingly close to "Home>Members>iLoveNature". I clicked on the hyperlink in the box and it finally took me to your gallery which is quite remarkable. I wouldn't change a thing in how you shoot. But if I'm having trouble finding your gallery on this site within this forum, I imagine others are as well.

• Like 1

Since this is the first I've seen of you on this site, I clicked on your name beneath your avatar in this thread and it took me to a page I thought was a profile page but it doesn't show any information or your gallery. Note this is the first I've ever done this navigating the new format. I kept asking where the heck is this OP's gallery? The old format took me directly to the folders of images and members bio all on one page. It took me a while to notice down in the lower left corner in very small type is a box that says "Home Page" with Photo.net hyperlink confusingly close to "Home>Members>iLoveNature". I clicked on the hyperlink in the box and it finally took me to your gallery which is quite remarkable. I wouldn't change a thing in how you shoot. But if I'm having trouble finding your gallery on this site within this forum, I imagine others are as well.

Hi Tim, thanks for your message and compliments here. I totally agree with you, wish Photo.net can improve the setting right away!! That would be great if can bring visitors to see my profile and photos directly by just a CLICK on either my profile photo or iLOVEnature.

Hi Glenn, appreciate if you can alert me once Google traffic back to normal. I look forward to see Photo.net's PV/V (page views per visit) issue fully recover, thank you very much :)

• 4 weeks later...
Wonder why Photo.net's PV/V (page views per visit) issue still not recover or resolve?

iLOVEnature, do you:

1. feel that Glenn knows the answer and he's holding out on us? or ...
  2. you can't resist kicking a man who is doing the best he can with a difficult transition?

• Like 1

you can't resist kicking a man who is doing the best he can with a difficult transition?

A transition that he brought about himself, despite that many people here didn't want it.

A transition that he launched before it was ready and with major bugs

So- a painful transition that can be justified only by significant growth in the business. That's why ILOVEnature's question is justified.

Meanwhile my perception is that forum traffic outside transition issues is at a very low ebb, and that new questions in particular have dried up. Do you disagree?

I think that Glenn is doing the best he can with a difficult transition. Whatever his motives (or rather, the whole team's motives), we should all agree that we'd prefer not to see the site disappear.

I think, as a community, we bear some responsibility for carrying the site forward.

• Like 3

A transition that he brought about himself, despite that many people here didn't want it.

A transition that he launched before it was ready and with major bugs

So- a painful transition that can be justified only by significant growth in the business. That's why ILOVEnature's question is justified.

Meanwhile my perception is that forum traffic outside transition issues is at a very low ebb, and that new questions in particular have dried up. Do you disagree?

Hi Julie and David, I never complain Glen not doing anything during this transition period. I understand that he already did his best and I believe all Photo.net members have the same thought as like me too.. I was told by Glen a month ago "Glen says: It takes Google traffic a week or two (sometimes longer) to pick back up.", And, today I asked Glen again... Does not matter if I still can't get an answer from Glenn this time, I never have any intention to give Glenn hard time. I always very happy and honor to be a member of Photo.net.. Glen, you can ignore my question today. My sincere apologies if I trouble you here..

• Like 1

I think the No Words and POTW threads are doing well. As for new questions, there hasn't been one for years (apart from, maybe, the buffs in the Phil of Photography forum) and I think the old format suited the time when people learnt about photography via Q&As. I don't think there is a place for that anymore. PN needs to reinvent itself and hopefully this new framework will make that easier.

(Having said that, I do think that the Gallery side of things needs to be given priority as that is one way of building a community and I thought it was fairly unique - balding, middle aged men and women talking nonsense about crap photos. All PN needs to do is attract some balding, young men and women*)

*only joking :)

Edited by Norman 202