Lenses suggestions

m_m7

<p>Hi.<br>

I have some small collection of manual focus cameras espexially medium format and Canon FD.My first camera however was a small Minolta Maxxum 5 with just one lens the 50mm 1.4. I sold it when I had some tough times.<br>

I would like to buy few primes and some AF body for sentimental reasons as well as photograhic reasons.My best pictures were created with that little guy.<br>

I was thinking about a Maxxum 7 together with a 50mm/1.4,a 85mm/1.4 and a 24mm/2.8.Don't have too much experience with them except of course the 50mm.<br>

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.Regards,<br>

Mihail</p>

<p>Sam, I don't see how a 24-105 f/3.5, can replace an 85mm f/1.4. As good as zoom lenses have become, they still don't have the qualities that agood solid prime has. And with a smaller maximum aperture, theprimeis that much better, especially when you're trying to get a shallow DOF.</p>

<p>I agree Robert. Just a suggestion, an alternative. The 24/105 is good, but I often shoot primes and usually carry them. The zoom is just way more convenient and offers other capabilities (like enhanced flash integration) that the primes don't. That is. to the best of my knowledge.</p>