Lenses for Minolta X-370

<p>Any MD or MC mount lens. Careful: a lot of other manufacturers label lenses MC meaning "multi coated", what we're going for here is the Minolta "meter coupled" mount.</p>

<p>Because the 370 doesn't have S or P modes, it will work equally well with MC or MD. MC lenses don't support S or P modes.</p>

<p>I started with a Minolta X-9, basically a 370, and eventually bought a "damaged" X-700 with the Minolta vertical/power grip. I loved this setup. The lenses were cheap and plentiful. The best lenses to get are the ones simply labeled Minolta MD on the front lens ring. Followed by the ones labeled Rokkor-X. The older MC lenses which will have a designation like PF or something should be avoided as they are the older glass. And, not very good. Low contrast, heavy, and poor IQ. </p>

<p>I disagree. Some of my best glass is Minolta MC. I have a 58/1.4 that gives excellent bokeh and a 50/1.4 MC that's better than my 50/1.4 MD. The MC lenses are heavier because they're made of metal, which many people consider better than plastic. But the 50/1.7 MD and 45/2 MD are great, sharp, small lenses.</p>