Lenses for a 4x5 with 5x7 adaptor back

andrew_gardiner

<p>Hi everyone, I've just acquired a 4x5 Wista VX with a 5x7 adaptor back for a particular project starting in February. <br>

I needed first and foremost a 4x5 for conventional prints of a mixture of landscapes and portraits but part of the work will also involve a series of mainly portraits which I want to contact print using an alternative process; hence the 5x7 back. I would have preferred a 5x7 camera with a reducing back but I couldn't locate one anywhere (used, my budget is fairly limited) and time just ran out so this is the outfit I have committed to.<br>

I am new to LF and my question regards the lenses. I need a 90mm for just the 4x5 , so thats straightforward enough. But in addition I want a 150mm and a 210mm approx that will have image circles large enough for the 5x7. Can anyone offer recommendations for these bearing in mind my finances are restricted. Also any advice or experience on the kind of compromises I might expect using the 5x7 adaptor back would be hugely appreciated.<br>

Best Andrew</p>