Lens Rentals

acurlee

I went on a 10-day trip to Europe and rented a lens for the trip.

It was a great experience and I got many more shots than i would have been able to had i not rented it.

I am going to Mexico in about a week, and am seriously considering renting again.

I think I rented a $4-500 lens for 10 days for $85. Great deal.

Good luck!

Oh yeah, the deposit (or hold against your card rather than a charge) for renting the Canon 100-400mm is $1400. That is the local deposit here in Seattle that covers them if you run away with the lens. Probably the same hold price for non-locals. Just make sure you give them a CC# with at least $1400.

I've rented lenses online (mainly because most places do not require a steep deposit) and

they're a great way to try lenses out, IMO. The 2 places I've tried are rentglass.com and

lensprotogo.com I rented the Canon 135mm 2.0L from rentglass and it was a nice lens

but I think the focus system on it was a bit off, so I'm hesitant to recommend them. It

could have been just a bad copy, but I didn't want to hassle with returning it because I

think it was the only copy they have and I really liked the 135. I then rented the Canon

85mm 1.2L II from lensprotogo and they actually shipped the lens in a pelican case (inside

a box) which was impressive, but then again it is an $1800 lens. That lens is so nice (but a

bit too heavy) and pricey. In any case, I'd recommend trying lensprotogo.com Their

customer service was very good as well. Have fun!