Lens Functions

My husband's grandmother passed away last year and we have been slowly going through all her belongings. We have come across multiple cameras and accessories. We recently came across a "telemore95 II" Komura Lens. We have no idea what the exact function this lens has and I have not been able to find anything that tells me. Can someone please tell me more than just generic purpose? I'd really like to know everything I can about it. Hopefully I can hear back from someone soon. Thank You to anyone that read this question and can provide some answers.

<p>This is a teleconverter, an auxiliary lens that mounts between a camera and a regular lens. It should have the same mount as the camera and lens(es) that you have. Komura was an independent lens maker and made lenses and teleconverters for many popular cameras such as Nikon, Canon and Pentax among others. For a possible value, check eBay for examples of completed transactions.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

If you still have the cameras and accessories, one or more will probably fit that converter, and you can identify its mount.

If you have nothing to compare it to, you might be able to use this on line guide;

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html

I should add that a Komura Telemore is not likely to be worth very much, though it might fetch something if in a rare mount. The one I had for my Nikon was nothing to write home about.