Lens distortion or film not perfectly flat?

<p> Hi Everyone,<br>

I just got nice P&S camera (Premier M-710) with fixed 30mm f3.5 all-glass lens.<br>

After seeing shots from the first roll I discovered that something is wrong with the sharpness.<br>

<strong>Top part of the picture is blurry in most of the pictures.</strong><br>

Lens is clean, like new, not damaged. <br>

<strong> Is it something wrong with lens' optical geometry (barrel at the wrong angle) or film not being perfectly flat? What do You think? </strong><br>

Here are some resized pictures with red arrows showing the problem.<br>

<strong> Thanks,</strong><br>

<em> M.S.</em></p><div>00Ynkz-363537584.jpg.4ad010e960a58cc0ceb31093ab49deee.jpg</div>

<p><strong>Maciek</strong>, I'm frankly surprised that the images are as good as they are! This is pretty much a bottom-of-the-barrel photographic machine....I spotted a couple this morning on our local auction, included in a bunch of six similar cameras, with a start price of ten bucks...</p>

<p>Rick! It's good to see You on this forum as well :) <br /> Well, yes, pictures are OK, quite nice especially for Premier, being cheaper brand. <br /> The corners are sharper than the center of the frame, which is quite unusual...<br /> I have to say I really like this camera, it's so small, made of aluminium, with very nice viewfinder. AF is not that good, but I'll say more in my upcoming review :)<br /> Interesting camera, get one for good price if You can.<br /> M.S.</p>

<p>Yeah, when the lens is labeled "Glass" you can't expect too much from it. I'd say your results are pretty good considering.</p>

<p>Here is what may be an even "fancier" lens -- it's not just "Glass," but "Optical Glass." Whoo-eee.</p><div>00Yo2k-363873584.jpg.1f86ccad8492a7481c3d8aeaa8cce71a.jpg</div>

<p>Some of those toy cameras leave off the word "glass" (perhaps because they use plastic) resulting in a description of simply "optical lens." Sometimes these fancy optical lenses even have "auto fix focus".</p>

<p>Wow! JDM, it's not only an Optical Glass Lens, It also have serial number proudly painted! :)<br>

OK, jokes aside, that tiny Premier camera feels really nice and solid. It's way different than other cheap P&S cameras. Feels much more solid than famous Olympus Stylus Epic so I was hoping that it may be a nice "sleeper". Lens is performing very well from corner to corner, except for the marked area. <br>

Now I'm little disappointed and trying to understand what may be wrong... Hopefully it's a pressure plate which I already adjusted to press little stronger. Time for a new roll...</p>