lens compatibility with pentax K100D

gabriel_corfas

I'm considering buying a K100D. I just went to a store to feel it and to see how it worked with my old

lenses. I tried my Pentax-M 1:2 50mm but could not get it to work (neither could the salesman). Can

somebody tell me if this lens will work? I also have a vivitar 80-200 lense I used in my old pentas ME-

super which I assume has the same mount as the 50 mm lense and therefore would give me the same

problem.

I would appreciate any advice so I can make a decision whether to buy or not.

Thanks

G

pentax allows free download of the user manual as PDF. According to it you have to set a custom function onto "fire if aperture ring is not set on "A"". You should also switch to manual mode and press the DOF preview to meter. - the entire stuff is spread over 3 different (ammong the 100 +) pages of the manual, so no wonder the salesperson didn't read it. The same happened to me 2 weeks ago, but being honest I wouldn't like to use my old glass on a modern AF DSLR, if I'm not forced to do so.

Yes, you need to set the Custom Function for it to work. You don't necessarily need to use the DoF preview to meter, you can also hit the AE Lock and it will set the appropriate shutter speed.

I use my SMC-M 50 f2 on my K100D all the time.