Lens cap replacement

Discussion in 'Large Format' started by curtis_nelson, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. I need a good way to protect a Geronar 150mm lens that doesn't have
    either lens cap. Does anyone know if replacements are available? If
    not, what's a good alternative?

  2. Curtis: I've been happy with these folks. Measure carefully, if in doubt go one mm higher.


  3. I have had SK Grimes fabricate several sets of custom made lens caps for me. They are very durable/strong and fit like a glove.
  4. Rodenstock caps in the U. S. are sold by Marflex 973 808-9626.

    Heliopan slip-on caps are manufacured by Kaiser.

    Kaiser slip-on caps are available from any camera store in the U.S.
  5. The S.K. Grimes custom made caps are in a league of their own. They will protect your lens like no other cheaper immitation. Despite the untimely death of Mr. Grimes, his shop is very much alive and open for business.
  6. For the front, you can get one of those spring loaded caps at your local camera store for around $5. Size is 40.5mm, I think. For the rear, you can probably get one from Calumetphoto.com, since this lens is the same as a Caltar E 150mm lens.
  7. i'll third getting caps made by sk grimes.
    they made a cap for me, it is beautiful - a work of art

    - john

Share This Page